Are you keen on outsourcing your web development project? It’s crucial to outsource web development to a reliable business. Even startup organisations are embracing the idea of outsourcing their website development project. The right company will build your project professionally and in the shortest possible time span.
Why outsource web development projects?
- Outsourcing from an authentic company is essential if you do not have a team of creative graphic designers that are capable of designing appealing and unique web designs.
- Outsourcing is important if you do not have skilled website developers that can produce effective code, update the website consistently and outline the key success metrics.
- Outsourcing is important if you do not have experienced copywriters that are capable of writing according to the search engine standards and cannot define the target audiences and your specific business needs.
- Outsourcing is important if you do not have a capable team of specialists that can handle the timelines and have expertise in developing web strategy.
Outsourcing website development project has numerous benefits:
- It helps to increase business growth and efficiency.
- It is a highly cost-effective proposition, and it helps to quicken the time-to-market period.
- Outsourcing will allow you to scale your project more quickly.
- With outsourcing companies, you can save yourself time and money. Outsourcing helps the business enterprise to focus on their core competencies or other important aspects of the business. This option also gives small and medium-sized companies to have access to the latest technologies.
- They can tap the talent and experience of specialists. Thus, you can find the best professionals to do your job in web development.
Difference between In-house and Outsourcing
|Point of difference||In-house||Outsourcing|
|Expertise||An in-house team may have limited expertise depending upon the professional experience of your team members.||A professional web development company may be able to offer you better expertise. They have a team of expert designers, developers, project managers, quality assurance and others.|
|Resources||An in-house team will require more allocation of resources and investment as everything has to be built from scratch here.||A professional outsourcing company will have more resources and access to technology than compared to a freelancer. This is because they manage the professional project of several clients like yours, which requires them to have access to such tools.|
|Reliability||An in-house team will be more reliable and accountable to your project requirements. However, managing them will require you to have the professional skills and expertise to evaluate their work.||The reliability of an outsourced company or freelancer is always a question. However, this can be easily resolved if you hire a reputed website development company that has a good reputation in the market. Furthermore, the result of outsourcing your web development project may be more reliable as the in-house team may lack the skills and expertise that the outsourced agency has.|
|Scalability||An in-house team may be able to offer you better chances of growth and scalability. This is because they will be dealing with the complex scale and sizes of projects and have to work on them on a daily basis.||Outsourcing, however, on the other hand, is a better option when the scope of your project is limited. Outsourcing hence works better for impromptu and limited project requirements and may not be feasible for projects that are required to be stretched over a long duration of time.|
|Flexibility||An in-house team is more flexible to the changing scope and demands. They will work on even your last-minute changes and iterations.||Expecting such a level of flexibility with an outsourced company will not be fare. They have to align their resources and expertise basis on the scope of work. Hence they will not be able to offer as much flexibility as an in-house team.|
Steps to Outsource Website Development Project
1. Evaluate the company to secure benefits
To realise the benefits and productive results of outsourcing website development projects, it is important to consider several important factors before you make the final decision.
Overlooking such factors can result in failures, time, and revenue loss. With the help of the right professional company, you will be able to develop a website that can create ripples in the internet world. Hence, evaluate the company on the following factors skill sets. These include;
- technical expertise,
- access to the latest technology
- experience in offering solutions to complex challenges
- zeal for your web development project
- market reputation
2. Carefully choose the right company
It is important to conduct in-depth research to choose the right company that has the skill and experience to cater to the specific requirements of your business. It is best to build collaborative and long-lasting partnerships with the company.
Although outsourcing website development is not a new concept, still you need to be careful and choose the right company. Select the right company that exhibits flexibility and technical expertise and one that can go to great lengths to ensure that they deliver quality work.
Developing a website that epitomises your objectives, vision, and overall business is not an easy task. Most reputed companies are experts in their specific fields and know their craft well. They will ask you relevant questions regarding your project and also give a clear blueprint of the way they will execute the job.
Ensure that the company is centred on the project’s requirements. Before approaching an outsourcing company, it is crucial to figure out the amount of money you are willing to invest in the web development project. Communicate clearly about the budget to avoid hassles later on
3. Select the criteria to shortlist the best and most reputed company
The key to the success of finding the right company when it comes to outsourcing is that it has the capability to hold repeat business. There is a lot of competition in this industry.
Thus, when competition is intense, the company will ensure that the client gets high-quality work so that they can come back again for more projects.
Companies that cannot handle the competition and do not perform well with clients are likely to be eliminated. Thus, they cannot last more than a few months.
4. Decide On your business objectives before choosing the company
It is important to formulate the goals and needs of a web development project. Try to be as specific as possible regarding the tech requirements of your project to get positive outcomes.
It is then only that you can convey clearly the functionality of the project. Thus, the company will be able to understand your business needs and ideas and also estimate the budget and timeframe.
Also, identify the type of outsourcing you require, whether onshore or offshore or near-shore outsourcing.
5. Find a suitable channel to select your outsourcing company
Some of the ways through which you can find a suitable company to outsource your development/marketing project are as follows:
- Online research: Search on the internet for authentic companies. You can shortlist some outsourcing companies by searching on search engines such as Google.
- Seek Referrals: It is important to kick off your research in a conventional way. Also, seek references from other business firms and shortlist a number of companies.
- Search online marketplaces such as that will facilitate you in comparing a wide range of providers across variables such as ratings, location, size, business model, etc. Thus, you can see all important metrics and relevant information at a glance.
- Search industry-specific directories to explore a gamut of companies.
How to select the best and most reputed company?
- List the potential five to ten outsourcing companies that handle web development projects and have a reputation that corresponds with your project needs. In this internet era, you can also conduct video interviews with outsourcing companies. This is one of the most efficient ways to choose the right company.
- Scan the portfolio of these companies that have the capability to handle website development projects. It is important to study the working profile of the company. You need to consider the company’s experience as you select the services. Assessing the company’s portfolio is one of the best ways to discover the credibility of a Web Site Development Company.
- Evaluate the type and number of projects the company is already handling and has successfully completed. Ask the vendor about the methodologies that are used, and the support provided. This will help you to shortlist and decide whether to outsource your website development project from the company or not. This is important to ensure that you do not give the project to the wrong company.
- Determine if the company adheres to a well-defined, accurate, and clear-cut process of web development.
- Consider whether the company has a good infrastructure or not. Also, ascertain if the company can produce some quality certification that proves its legitimacy and genuineness in the field.
- It is important to be aware of the fact that the vendor will be able to process your ideas and needs for the project. It is only when the outsourcing company comprehends your project requirements that the end result can be satisfactory.
- It is important to check out if the company has a good and efficient team of developers and designers. Website development is a challenging task. It requires proficient and expert professionals that can carry out the entire process, starting from designing to the final stage of testing the website. All the team members must be experienced and skilled enough to execute the task of website development with perfection or with the least flaws.
The company should have an interactive and open way of communication
- As you develop business connections with the company, you will need to interact and communicate with the colleagues working within the organisation.
- Ascertain what mode of communication is being used. Since English is the global language, ensure that this criterion is fulfilled by them. Also, evaluate and see if the project is executed as per your specifications.
- Reputed outsourcing companies sign up for a non-disclosure agreement that is in the best interest of their clients. It is important to resolve this issue clearly before finalising the deal so that there are no hidden pitfalls in the future.
- It is imperative to establish a quotation that fits your budget with the company. Ensure that the prospective vendor meets all the business requirements regarding your financial plan. Also, establish clearly the terms of payment. If you feel that the quote is not feasible or very expensive, then you can look for the next company.
- Find out whether the potential company works under a contract or fixed fee setup. Ascertain the company’s charges and carefully discover any additional costs.
- It is important to view the estimated timeline for the web development project kick-off time and its ultimate completion.
- You must consider hiring a vendor that regularly conducts network and security audits at their workplace. This is extremely important for protecting your data and helps to prevent any data leaks from occurring.
What to Look for When Outsourcing Web Development Projects to agencies
As there are so many agencies in the market, it is hard to select the best one. This is why we have mentioned some factors that you must consider while outsourcing your web development project.
1. Services they provide
You must have a clear-cut idea of what you want to achieve. Otherwise, outsourcing a web development project will be a huge problem for you. However, some agencies only specialise in app development, and some are in web design.
But apart from this, there are so many other steps also that matter, such as quality assurance, team development, risk assessment, and many more. Moreover, an agency that is providing a full range of services will help you with the best website idea for your brand or business.
Furthermore, you will get the best website that will ignite your target audience. This is why it is important to check what kind of services that agency is providing before outsourcing your web development project.
2. Expertise in the domain
Try to envision a project from start to finish and also try to highlight all the problems that might appear in the project. However, the easiest way to do this is by asking a range of questions about the agency so that you will get an idea about its expertise of the agency.
Moreover, expertise in the domain is another important factor of the agency that you should consider before outsourcing the project.
Also, find out the technology that the agency uses for the project. Moreover, look into the recently completed projects. As there are so many agencies in the market, everyone claims that they have expertise in the field. But you should not trust them all before analysing them on multiple factors.
3. Location of the agency
Responsibility plays a very pivotal role in any project. However, the ability to deal with the problems decides helps to avoid disaster in any outsourced web development project. Look at how agency managers and developers interact with each other and what tools they use for interaction. Choose the agency that is providing services in your time zone. If they are not available during your working hour, then there is no meaning in outsourcing the project to that agency. Even if that agency has done outstanding work, still there is a need for assistance. This is why you must check whether that agency is providing assistance as per your working time or not.
Only skilled managers have exceptional interpersonal and management skills. Moreover, they manage projects in a professional way and also track the developer’s performance, manage team changes, and give feedback. Furthermore, it is essential for the manager to be involved in the development work and the client. While selecting an agency for outsourcing, you must check whether the project manager is active or not. The project manager must update you from time to time with your project and should take some ideas from your side as well. Responsiveness is important when you outsource your project to an agency.
5. Quality of Software
Choose an agency to outsource your project based on their skills and experience. However, check the quality of tools they use and also a framework that will accelerate the development process. You must choose an agency that has the best quality. However, to get to know about the quality, you can ask about tools they use and also can ask for a previous project, customer reviews, and so on. There are multiple ways through which one can check the quality. Getting quality is important for your business. If your website is not of good quality, ultimately, it will make an impact on your business.
Common Myths About Outsourcing Web Development Project
There are so many people who do not believe in outsourcing the project to a third agency. However, there are so many common myths in the market.
1. Dependence on the outsourcing company
This is the most common myth that by outsourcing your project, you have to depend on that agency. However, this is not the case with these agencies. Moreover, the more dependent on your in-house developer. Because you won’t have any other option without him. Furthermore, if you hire a good agency, they take your opinion on every step of the project and also provide you time to time updates about the project. This is just a myth, which is why it is better to ignore this myth and outsource your web development project to bring your business online.
2. Fear of data transferring
Data is one of the most important parts of any business. Moreover, one can create and destroy any business with the help of data. This is why it is a common fear that after outsourcing, the project agencies will try to steal the data. However, this is not the case, and you cannot make every agency stand in the same line. You can hire the best agency that has the best track record and a good customer review. Also, you must sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement from the agency for the protection of your data.
3. In-house employees solve problems faster
This is just a myth that an in-house developer will solve the problem faster. However, in an outsourcing agency, there is a team of specialists who are working. Moreover, as you are their customer, no one wants to lose their customer and bring down their reputation. Almost every agency provides fast service. Also, you must hire an agency who is providing faster services. The outsourcing company also has a team of experts who can understand and solve their problems easily.
Expand My Business for outsourcing Website Development Projects:
The right web development company will always strive to stay ahead and keep abreast with innovative technology. The right company offers the latest features and configurations that help them to meet the demands of the competitive market.
They adopt the latest tools and keep learning how to do the job of website development better with every passing year. The reputed outsourcing companies invest revenue in getting the latest outsourcing Insights and technology.
Experienced companies offer long-term commitments. They handle the tech aspect of the web development project as well as help you to run the related business processes.
Finding an IT marketplace company is, however, not as easy as said. There is an absolute lack of companies and service providers in the industry which offer complete marketplace solutions for your IT outsourcing needs.
This is where you must consider choosing the services of Expand My Business without any second thought. With the network of over 750+ verified partner agencies and vendors across our platform, we can help you assert your digital need within 24 hours of posting your requirement. Above all, we do not just help you with the ‘discovery’ part of your project requirement. Rather, we offer complete delivery solutions with our project management and Escrow payment security solutions.
Get in touch with us now to get started!