Paid media marketing is a marketing technique where the business is promoted on a larger scale by purchasing ad space and promoting the business over there. Paid media includes pay-per-click ads, display ads, social media ads, video ads, pop-ups, etc.
When it comes to marketing strategies and techniques, today’s scenario is quite different from the traditional ones. Back then, we didn’t have a lot of options when it came to promoting and advertising our businesses.
The primary way of doing it was through word of mouth. Fast forward to today, we have tons of marketing techniques that increase the brand’s recognition and revenue by a considerable amount. Paid media marketing has a lot of potential to let the target audience know about the business’s existence and buy from them. Let’s start with the basics.
What is Paid Media Marketing?
As the name says – ‘Paid Media Marketing’, the marketing done here is ‘paid.’ Many brands and businesses have many techniques to spread the word about their business, and paid media marketing is one of them. In simpler terms, it’s how one reaches their target audience through paid services.
It’s all about strategy and targeting the right target audience for the business. In paid media marketing, brands promote and advertise their business by purchasing ad space. This way, their messages reach many potential customers, making many people know about the brand.
It is a marketing strategy to help brands and businesses reach their target audience, which consequently helps in improving the brand’s recognition among people.
This is how it all works – A business uses the paid media marketing technique and buys ad space for its business to promote and advertise its brand in that space. Because of this, more people see that ad and come to know about its existence, which in turn increases brand recognition.
This then results in an increase in the traffic on the website and consequently increases the sales conversion. At last, all of this increases the revenue of the business. Therefore, paid media marketing influences a lot of factors.
Importance of Paid Media Marketing for the business:
More brand visibility and awareness: Paid media marketing is a secure way to improve the business’s visibility and awareness in the market. When paid media marketing is done for a business, it is indisputable that the business’s recognition will improve highly.
In this way, more people will be able to find the company, and the business will also get a lot of prospects.
Increased sales conversion: When more people know about the business through paid media marketing, they will visit the website. This means more traffic will be coming to the website, and therefore sales conversion will be increased for the business. This is how paid media marketing helps businesses increase their sales conversion.
Brings more traffic to the website: Paid media marketing will get more traffic to the website as more and more people will come to know about the business when clicking on the ads that are showing up on different platforms.
This can range between Instagram, Linkedin, Facebook, Youtube, etc. Therefore, it is a great way to draw customers’ attention when scrolling on different social media platforms.
But, the essential thing that the business needs to know is their target audience, their age, their likes and dislikes, etc.
Because knowing where the target audience will spend their time is precious for businesses to invest in those paid media channels only. It could be Facebook, Youtube, Linkedin, etc.
More effective than organic reach: Instead of opting for paid media marketing, if a business goes with the option of organic reach for their business, they won’t get the same results as they would have gotten with paid media marketing!
In organic reach, it’s about how many people have seen that particular post organically, and it has no paid tools involved. But, paid media marketing strategies ensure that the target audience stumbles upon the ads and clicks them.
Brings more revenue: Increased brand awareness results in more traffic coming to the website. This thereby increases the sales conversion, directly affecting the business’s revenue. Therefore, paid media marketing is a reliable way of increasing the business’s revenue and making it more successful.
What things to keep in mind when choosing paid media marketing agency?
Following are a few things that should be kept in mind before partnering up with a paid media marketing agency:
1. Ensure that the agency understands the business’s goals: Before finalising an agency for the business, it is essential to ensure that the agency understands the business’s goals and works towards them with the same enthusiasm as the business. In order to yield the best results, the agency needs to understand the vision and goals of the business.
2. Agency’s Expertise: This is a crucial factor to consider before choosing an agency. More the years of experience the agency has, the more they will be an expert at what they do. It would be wise to choose an agency with a team of experts who know how to get the business done.
No business would want to hire a newbie agency. Anyone would like to go for an agency that is an expert and knows what they do.
3. Choose the paid media channels for the business: There are a lot of paid media channels out there, but the business should choose the ones that work for them. The business needs to know the channels its target audience uses and choose them. What works for Business X wouldn’t necessarily work for Business Y. That’s why knowing what paid channels would work for the impugned business is important.
A few examples of paid media channels are:
- Social media ads (Instagram ads, Facebook ads, Linkedin ads, etc.)
- Display ads
- Search ads
- Video ads
4. Results, Testimonials, Samples, and Case Studies: Before choosing an agency, one must ensure to have a look at the agency’s results. For example, what all results have they brought for their clients, and how satisfied are their clients with their work? Take a look at all the case studies they have done to date, and don’t forget to ask for their samples.
By looking at the samples, one will learn about the quality of the work they provide. And by reviewing testimonials, one would know what other people who have previously worked with the agency have to say about it.
5. Discuss the budget with them: This is the most important thing to discuss with the agency. Everything should be decided beforehand so that there’s no confusion afterwards.
In the hope of getting jaw–dropping results, one doesn’t need to partner up with an agency whose charges are incredibly high. Look out for one within the budget and will also get results for the business.
6. Ensure that the agency’s team is stacked with professionals: The business needs to know the professionals working for them. They need to know about all the team members and ensure that each of them is an expert at what they do. As the business wants results, so they need to make sure that their project is going into safe hands.
Organic Reach vs Paid Reach:
Organic reach is done when a business organically reaches several people without using paid tools. It’s about how many people organically came across that particular post or content.
In organic reach, there’s no such thing as paid promotion or ads. People find such business organically, i.e., they find it themselves while scrolling on the internet or through their friends and family. Compared to paid reach, organic reach takes more time to reach its target audience.
Whereas, in paid reach, businesses use different paid tools and strategies to reach their target audience. It is done by running ads on various platforms to reach their target audience and drive more traffic to the business’s website, thereby increasing sales conversion.
When it comes to marketing and its techniques, a business will always have tools and strategies to choose from because many are available.
Therefore, selecting the one that works for the business is essential yet overwhelming. But that’s what paid media marketing is for. It is a great way to get the content seen by the audience, who otherwise would have no idea it even existed. So many people would miss out on a brand just because they aren’t aware yet! Customers get what they want, and the brand gets more recognition and awareness. It’s a win-win situation.
For today’s scenario, word of mouth wouldn’t be enough to have a flourishing business. There’s a need to put in more effort and use more tools that will ultimately increase sales conversion.
Understanding these paid media marketing techniques can be overwhelming, so it is advisable to leave a few things with the expert. Leaving all of these marketing techniques to the expert would be wise, as they have a lot of experience doing all of this. Having an agency by the side would make the process easier and simplified. A successful business that keeps growing consistently isn’t an easy job, but it is achievable with the right marketing strategies.